Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Redux

The same assignment as the prior post, but now I'm down to 506 words.




Once upon a time three little boys lived in a hippie commune with their mom. She had not enough to keep them, so she sent them off to seek their fortune.

The boys wandered for days and eventually found themselves in a big city with bright lights, loud noises and lots of yellow cars. They quickly decided that they wanted to live the high life – as in they wanted to live in really tall skyscrapers.

The youngest boy encountered a man carrying lots of straw and said, “Please sir, give me your straw so I may build the best home this city has ever seen.” The man squeezed the boy's chubby cheeks and gave his straw away.


The boy built in Central Park. One day, a menacing-looking man in a suit stopped by. He called himself an Investment Banker from Wall Street.

The Investment Banker knocked and said, “Little boy, little boy, let me come in.”

“Never! Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin” the boy replied.

“Then I’ll huff and puff and I’ll blow your house in!” And he blew the boy’s house down and ate him.

The middle boy encountered an old lady on the Upper East Side carrying lots of clay in a bag that said “Michaels.” “Please miss, I need your clay to make the tallest home in this town.” The elderly woman was reminded of her own grandson and gave the clay away.

The boy built in Chelsea. Pretty soon, he received a knock on his door from the same, scary Investment Banker.

“Little boy, little boy, let me come in.”

“Never! Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin.”

“Then I’ll huff and puff and I’ll blow your house in!” And he blew the boy’s house down and ate him.

The oldest boy spent time networking with adults on the Lower East Side. He used his charm to convince everyone to let him build a high rise downtown. 

One year later, he lived in a skyscraper. He could see the tops of all the other buildings and noticed that the little dogs looked even littler. 

The Investment Banker rang the boy’s fancy doorbell, “Little boy, little boy, let me come in.”

“Never! Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin.”

“Then I’ll huff and puff and I’ll blow your house in!”

The boy was young, but he knew that even the most intimidating Investment Bankers could not move buildings with their breath. The boy watched as the Investment Banker exhaled…nothing moved but his own, ugly tie.

But the Investment Banker was clever and clambered up the fire escape to look for a way inside.

The boy instinctively thought of the movie Home Alone and set up booby traps on the roof.

When the Investment Banker reached the top he tripped on the traps KABLAM and fell through the skylight, landing on a large pile of fake money.

The boy took the Investment Banker to jail for embezzlement and lived as a happy hippie for ever after.

No comments: