Sunday, July 27, 2008

interstate

Ever since I read then saw Into the Wild, and proceeded to take a Geology: US National Park Systems class, I have been secrectly hoping to suddenly gain the climbing and navigational skills (and bravery) to drive cross country. I'm craving nature's high-strung society; guaranteed adventure with great records, black coffee and a reliable sound system for the in-betweens.

Here's the ghost itinerary:
Highway 90--head north west.
South Dakota: Wall Drug, Badlands, Mount Rushmore, & Black Hills
Wyoming: Grand Tetons, Yellowstone
Utah: Arches, Zion, Bryce Canyon
Colorado: Grand Canyon, (go rafting on Colorado river), Black Canyon (Gunnison NP), Great Sand Dunes
Arizona: Petrified Forest

I think that's a start. Any one know how to start a fire?

Thank you Professor Pride. Wish I could post some pics, but I want my own for this excursion.

Thinking of, Eddie Vedder, "Hard Sun (Main)", Into the Wild (Music for the motion Picture)

And why not, another trip the Smokey Mountains. I was so close to getting there while in Manchester, TN and missed out.

1 comment:

DiBa said...

i start fires. i can't promise ill put them out. i might cook you some eggs and hot dogs on it. either way, your plan sounds damn good. damn good like eggs and hot dogs on a bright tennesseeroo morning, where you can't help but hope you won't have to poop later.