Saturday, August 30, 2008

comfortable.

Strawberry Shortcake’s favorite flavor.


Pink sunset on LBI from my balcony.


Since were not on the Caribbean, instead of singing “Kokomo” I’ll go with The Little Ones, “High On a Hill” off Sing Song.
Upbeat enough to reflect the vibrant color of our/tonight’s sky, but contemplative to mirror the disillusionment of time zones and location. Technically, I wasn’t on a hill, but at some peaking point elevating my zoom lens to capture cotton candy clouds.


The Sing Song album cover reminds me of an old Shins album cover, Chutes Too Narrow (the album which helped make Garden State famous). Cartoon mountains and rivers on one cover, and holey trees and a whispering apartment building on the other, echoing themes of abandonment through ghostly windows. Even the boring browns of an assumed crowded translucent building are warming, and make me want to draw with FAO pastels in my moleskin.

Maybe it’s the same artist, I’m going to look that up.

No comments: