Tuesday, August 12, 2008

They really are Bodysnatchers!

enough boring depressing talk.
lets get to the gloomers who invented gloom: Radiohead.

Attended their second night performance, of the inaugural All Points West Music Festival, NJ
(08.09.08)

Balls.
This show (not festival) was the best thing I have ever seen. Hands down fucking fantastic.
Anton and I have been trying to search for words that can describe their spelindiforous two hour set.
Nothing comes close.
I should just leave this blog blank, because my words, critics, die-hards, NO ONE can do them justice.

Hah, now if only I could tell you what they opened with. I'm pretty sure it was "15 Steps", seeing that's the first track on In Rainbows, but I was in awe of Yorke's voice and the set design, I didn't care what I was listening to, but I knew it sounded like the Phoenix's cry when Dumbledore crosses the border between jesus rising and magical occurrences.

If not, than it certainly was "Bodysnatchers".

The lights! The lights! The lights!!
Please go read their blog, and check out how they saved energy and created a mechanical musical hypnotic rainbow at once.
http://www.radiohead.com/themostgiganticflyingmouthforsometime/



I LOVE how Radiohead completely controls their crowd. You can't turn them off mid-way through a ____.
All of a sudden, people waiting for hours to be in front on the stage emerged from the masses, and moved away from the band, as if by torture. I mean people were MO-VING.

By no means is that a bad thing. Their intensity in sound, design, volume, body temperature, WHATEVER, pushes their fans to the limits. Testing/daring/indulging/enjoying driving crowds mad and enabling a frat boy to be comfortable with his sexuality by dancing in and to another dimension.

Bodies were either motionless ( sans the rhythmic leg), or dancing from pills with energies of a five year old.
Others just stood with gaping mouths, as cigarettes burned themselves out because others simply forgot who they were. Their last name, where they live, and what they do.
It was all about the moment.

The downtown New York City skyline didn't hurt the scene, only made the concert that more majestic.
I forgot I was in New Jersey, and instead on Planet Radiohead where peace is a sufficient word for anything, and Greenwood shares a latte with me every morning, discussing the current themes of rainbows. Can I just say I love that Radiohead reverted to Rainbows. They are beautiful.

Lyrics came alive and floated like a 3D movie in our face.
"I have no idea what I am talking about", "When the walls bend with your breathing"; "I'm an animal trapped"; "Your eyes they turn me, why should I stay here?"; "Green plastic watering can"....

Watching Yorke is a feat within itself. He is ballistic. His head...the mic...the drowning voice which we all love. Ah!

I will be writing about this for a long time. More later.

No comments: