Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Platinum Age

In a dance competition platinum comes after gold.
In a ring shop (Harry Winston) platinum is always better than gold.
We did it, but we can do it again. Better.
We're going way back here, 1969 possibly.
Man on the Moon to Global Warming.
The sun and the moon, two circular orbs. Our start and finish lines.
How about Ted Kennedy!
Amazing--reflecting those golden years with America's new revolution with Obama.

When I was watching the Raconteurs at Bonnaroo, they were rocking out and I had my hair loose--I couldn't help but think of one word: Revolution. The spark was in me, and I was giddy.
Through the speakers was noise urging me to jump and smile for change. Even though Bonnaroo happens once a year, I felt like this was "our time".
My generation's Woodstock.
The audience was a larger scale of the Lost Boys, and in those five days no one wanted to grow up.
We could all fly.
This year we're on the brink of an election, and it's now or never.

These are just random thoughts tinged with excitement, but the Democratic convention is underway and I'm getting more and more amped to see what America's core is really made of. I really do feel this can be an awakening, some sort of revolution.
Why are we so jaded? The internet and computers initiates millions of possibilities, but we sit on our asses most of the time dawdling over favorites. Lets stand up! March, protest, graffiti! It's the future, lets get wired physically.

No comments: