Thursday, October 23, 2008

Accidental Starvation

Slowly recovering from a nasty nasty stomach flu virus.
Ew. As I type I feel I've been away from the computer longer than imaginable yet also out of my body. Typing is weird and heavy, I feel like my fingers are slamming the key board.
Over the last three days I haven't read a bit of news, blogs, any of my delivered publications. It feels both odd and rejuvenating, escaping accidentally from mainstream/street for a while.

P.S. Notice the new R.S. layout...interesting/that happened too?!

This whole Flu thing is very interesting. My doctor described my symptoms before I had a chance too; apparently it's a "new bug going around". Yea. Apparently. But the tiredness tricked me up man man man. The day before the bomb hit my insides I felt just totally wiped out- like I climbed Mount Everest in a day, or fought off a tornado with one hand, saving a town and in their gratitude asked me to pose for a life-size sculpture for seven hours. Dizziness and lack of a creative/caring tongue can lead to odd thoughts ladies and gents. Godric's Hollow anyone?

I mean I couldn't explain the exhaustion. I knew it wasn't from my workout, and even though I tried to blame it on the good, semi-indie, semi-depressing, too many endings flick Rachel Getting Married, I knew it wasn't from that either. Took me for a loop man man man no slippery nostrils or sore throat or body aches, just weakness, which apparently was odd. I guess that's a good thing...? Not even Thievery Corporation can get me smiling/booty shakin. Great time for a new single, Beyonce.

The only thing I've managed to keep down in the past two days are 5 crackers and red jello. Healthy wealthy bo bealthy.
Figures after I start cooking and get excited for all new recipes I am deprived of anything food related.
This exhaustion has come at a very awesome time, when articles are due for all three of my jobs and phone interviews and hopeful prospects gain speed.
Maybe by tomorrow I'll actually be able to drink coffee.

The first book on my get-back-to-reality list is coincidentally called Blood River, recommended by Nat. Geographic Adventure.
Looks like the exhaustion won't be ending anytime soon.

No comments: