Sunday, October 26, 2008

Motion Occupies Music

Sometime, either late 1975 or early 1976
Good Vibrations Recording Studio
1440 Broadway 40th & 41st
RKO Bldg- 25th Fl.

Assistant on recording session doing a remake of Lou Reed's 'Walk on the Wild Side'. Billy Joel on piano and vocals- right on the heels of having released 'Piano Man'. Produced by Michael Lang, the original promoter of Woodstock.

We all went out to dinner after the session at the Artists and Writers Club, which used to be on 40th between Broadway and 8th. I had a turkey club sitting across from Joel. I was eighteen years old. I asked for his autograph on a business card. I'm still trying to find it but I remember he wrote, 'I will always cherish our moments together.' What?? I vowed never to ask for autographs on the job again.

M.O.M. (1)

No comments: