Wednesday, October 8, 2008

debate 3-2

OBAMA: "If you've got a health care plan that you like, you can keep it. All I'm going to do is help you to lower the premiums on it. You'll still have choice of doctor. There's no mandate involved. Small businesses are not going to have a mandate. What we're going to give you is a 50 percent tax credit to help provide health care for those that you need. Now, it's true that I say that you are going to have to make sure that your child has health care. ... The reason that it's a problem to go shopping state by state, you know what insurance companies will do? They will find a state - maybe Arizona, maybe another state - where there are no requirements for you to get cancer screenings, where there are no requirements for you to have to get pre-existing conditions, and they will all set up shop there."

_from Associated Press

Thank you. So when I get cancer in a few years, I know I won't be accused AND charged with pre-existing conditions.  I appreciate that.

No comments: