Sunday, November 2, 2008

Head Cuts

I keep imagining this trailer in my head but to the bridge of Madonna's "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" when J-Timz is moaning. I see lightening and really quick edits flashing scenes of lust, brawls, a crowd of vampires walking in a slow motion V- like the Armageddon astronauts, and a girl jumping from a cliff. I imagined the cliff jump music video scene before I actually read about it. I like what that says.



I guess my version is not too different.  Less melodramatic, though more suspenseful...maybe.  I'm not sure, maybe mine would be more melodramatic.  I would need to actually create it, review it, critique it.  I think the concept might reveal less, in terms of the attack, but reveal more of the love.  Romeo and Juliet but in black and white, or fire and ice. I agree with the intensity and themes of "forever", but I would want the music to enhance that more than the graphics. I wouldn't want the trailer to start at the beginning of Twilight, but rather someplace in between, leaving the audience guessing between calm and chaos. Not to say I don't like this trailer, I just see the movie being advertised differently...maybe with a little more jaw coverage/camera angles...a little more sexy I guess. Not sexy in an overtly obvious way. Sexy in a love story, edited way. Exhibiting "forever" in inches, or centimeters rather, so to show suspense in the inevitable. Proving agony exists within ecstasy... and danger. Love on location: woods/basements/arms/cars/enemy lines. Provoking questions and pains of "forever" between two different species. Is it possible? How? Why? Who? When? A little big classic thriller a little bit post-modern abstract. Like a fragmented painting. Passion intermixed between the waves of Justin's "Oh's". Each "Oh" defined by a different up or down moment in the film. The down beat would be reason to for the dramatic clip change, guiding the visuals by his misunderstood voice- therefore explaining the struggle for the characters in the book/film. There's something hidden in the secrets of vampire lore that is seductive, and to bring that to the forefront while not giving away the entire plot would be fantastic. Make it different. Fast edits, not a second long, between a dark, motionless screen contrasting against pale skin, red lips & eyes. Imagine that as a preview. I would be intrigued.

No comments: