Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday releases

New music yay!!!

The Killers, Day & Age released their 4th studio album today, and it's great. Very reminiscent of their debut Hot Fuss. Have to admit I was a little hesitant to buy because of Flowers' Mormonism and their recent ties to Proposition 8; however, he claimed to be supportive of gay rights, so I hope he wasn't lying. When I listen to this album I wish to be in the southwest, visualizing their desert.

Key Tracks:

# 4 "A Dustland Fairytale"
# 5 "This Is Your Life" (a little U2/The Verve ish)
# 7 "Neon Tiger"
# 10 "Tidal Wave" (iTunes Bonus Track)

Kanye Kanye Kanye is all about the love on 808s & Heartbreak. I guess you're not immune to every emotion. You'll hear a lot of "she (s)" and "love", welcome the new heartbreak kid. Not too bitter, just a little emotional. I love how Mr. West continues to bridge music genre gaps, making everything possible while keeping his listeners tight in his back pocket Marc Jacobs wallet.

Key Tracks:

# 1 "Say You Will"
# 2 "Welcome to Heartbreak (feat. Kid Cudi)"
# 6 "Paranoid (feat. Mr. Hudson)"
# 10 "See You In My Nightmares (feat. Lil Wayne)"

No comments: